czwartek, 21 listopada 2019

Wywiad z Life After FLying


Poniżej możecie przeczytać cały wywiad. Zapraszam.


Teresa, you have made a transition from a cabin crew in national Airline of UAE, Etihad, to a cabin crew in private jets. Tell us more about this change and how did it impact your life?

From beginning flying for me was supposed to be short-term adventure. After two years in Etihad I had quitted, moved back to Poland, finished my studies and worked in my field. But then I started missing flying and through short career in charter airline and military operation I had moved to business aviation.
Flying private is completely different from flying commercial. When I first started I did not realise that. As a private Flight Attendant I have completely different life style and different responsibilities comparing to commercial cabin crew.

What are the challenges of working in private aviation?

I am the person responsible for over all experience on board. I plan menus, order food, do shopping, clean plane, and write reports and handovers. I have to take care as well of myself. By that I mean I am finding my own plane tickets, booking taxis and sometimes hotels. As self employed I have to send invoices to company, pay taxes, health insurance, etc. You really need to be well organised on board and in your private life doing this job.

What inspired you to write a book? Tell us more about the experience of becoming an author and a blogger.

I had written my first book while having a break from flying. The aviation market is very unstable one and it happened few times to me that I was left without the job. Therefore I had a lot of free time and lot of fading memories that I wanted to preserve. I have to say as well that I like writing and while flying I was missing a hobby that I could do everywhere. This way I have written three more books so far and that is why I keep on blogging about my adventures.

How to you manage to combine writing books, running your blog with your job? Do you have any productivity hacks or tips you would like to share?

I keep a list of things to do. I am using Bullet Journal for tracking my daily activities. I tick off the items from my list and that makes me strangely very happy. I plan every day with time for sport, writing and learning languages. Of course due to my unpredictable job I cannot always tick all of them off but I try to squeeze as many as I can before, after or even during the flight.

Working as a cabin, CREW especially for private jets requires a lot of adaptability ambiguity tolerance. What is your secret to be fearless of the unknown future?

Why am I not afraid of my future? I have learned in the past that I might loose my job very easily. That is way I have savings that will allow me to be without the job for few months. It gives me peace of mind. I have as well higher education and knowledge of few languages. In case I cannot continue flying I can work in those fields. And there is always writing for me.


Jeżeli chcielibyście przeczytać więcej takich wywiadów lub myślicie o zmianie kariery, to kliknijcie na link poniżej.
Life After Career

2 komentarze:

  1. Pani Tereso, bardzo ciekawy wywiad. Zrozumiałam bardzo dużo. Znów zmobilizowała mnie Pani do nauki j.ang.
    Niech Pani napisze o swojej nauce języka. Chodziła Pani do szkoły językowej jako młody człowiek? Może na kursy języka? Prywatne lekcja, samouctwo?? A co z akcentem? Czy mówi Pani i nie przejmuje się do końca, że coś wyjdzie nie tak. Dobrego dnia, Eliza

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Bardzo dziękuję. Nie, nigdy nie chodziłam na kursy, ani dodatkowe lekcje. Uczyłam się tylko w szkole i sama w domu.
      Bardzo dużo dało mi oglądanie seriali po ang - mój ulubiony "Friends" - na nim się wychowałam.
      A co do akcentu, to niestety go mam, ale się nie przejmuję. Wszyscy mają jakiś akcent. :)
      Błędami również proszę się nie przejmować, najważniejsze jest, żeby się dogadać.

      Pozdrawiam

      Usuń